Friday 7 March 2014

Should one abandon Switzerland or struggle for the right framework and values?


An acquaintance of mine, with whom I had not been in touch for a couple of years, writes to me today as follows:

"I am not living in Switzerland any longer.

"I found the framework deteriorating very fast what I have never seen before".

He means that he is so alarmed at the rapid deterioration of the infrastructure and ambience/culture/values in Switzerland that he decided to abandon the country.

Whether he is finding it any better where he is, I doubt.

But I guess he doesn't feel the burden of responsibility for the situation there, as he would if he was still living in Switzerland.

Of course, it would have been much better for him to engage in the struggle to embed new values here. The US Professor Dale Kuehne puts it as follows:

The whole of the world has gone from Kuehne calls the tWorld (the world of traditional values), to the current deterioration due to the coming into being throughout the world of the iWorld (the world of egoism and of the information age).

Kuehne says there is no way back to the tWorld, much as my friend and many others (including myself) may hanker for it. The only thing is to struggle to create a new and attractive new world, which Kuehne calls the rWorld.

By rWorld, Kuehne means a world in which relationships (rather than money) are prioritized.

Interestingly, there is increasing interest in this possibility, and I am organizing a series of small group discussions on The Jubilee Roadmap which charts the journey towards the rWorld.

If this is of interest to you, please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment